Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Warning: Bag Snatcher & Pickpocket in Pattaya

Important: this article written on August 26, 2015, I decided to write this after I found out the number of bag snatchers here in Pattaya is dramatically increased proved by the articles I reported on TV.
I tried to understand it’s acceptable and natural in city like Pattaya that there must be some of this case of bag snatcher or pick-pocketers, but after the numbers of articles are increasing, I should make this report to you guys.

According to world economic recession, chronic political in Bangkok, especially the governing system here in Thailand has lowered many credit and trust from tourists. This caused many people here to live unemployed. My personal opinion from what I see: people here in Thailand especially in Pattaya getting poorer, many people around me are facing financial problem affected from business recession, middle and working class people having less money to spend compare to the last few years. Fortunately I’m out of this because my kind of work isn’t depended on economic going up or down, being public relation, TV news announcer, translator, no matter what economic is I will be employed; especially when business is going down the owner usually even needs me more to promote their business, so let say ‘thank god I’m safe’

But for you guys as tourists, situation right now here in Pattaya, I’m sorry to say you are not that safe. Especially ladies who has valuable accessories including gold, silver, and other jewelries, because you would become a targeted-victim abruptly – please avoid carrying or going out with valuable gold or jewelry chains, wearing ring is fine, cash in hand should be just enough for what activity you plan to do only. And above of all things, all ladies during going out please avoid using lady handbag, flap, or bag with long hanging string like in picture, because this kind of bag is really easy to be snatched and mostly the hanging string made of thin metal or leather that usually easy tear off. Also, mobile phone and real-passport should not be kept in the bag too.
most dangerous lady bag type when you re out

The article I reported yesterday is about “A Russian lady walked down the street at 5 am looking for food to bring back to eat at her hotel. She carried lady handbag with long hanging string, real-passport, mobile phone, and 5,000 baht cash inside the bag. During her exploring food stalls along the street, she unluckily got her bag snatched. Usually this kind of case less than 20% the snatchers are caught by police.” So, I decided to write this article to warn everyone cuz this is real situation here in Pattaya.


Remark: it’s suggestible not to keep my warning for only non-Thai reader because Thai authority may not like what I wrote here, but don’t worry, I am and will be safe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment