Sunday, May 17, 2020

How we, Pattaya people, survive during the Covid-10 Pandemics



The deadly world crisis pandemic of Covid-19 turns the whole world and people into difficult situation; health, economic and society including other dimension. Another most outstanding problems that people around the world are facing right now and is considered as the basic issue for human needs daily is 'Starving' problem. The following content I you're going to read from  now on is what I want to share with all you guys readers from around the world who is landing into this page from whatever the keywords searched are, How Pattaya People, including me, survive from starving during the pandemic
I decided to keep this picture of myself once in a lifetime (blue in second row)


We all here know very well that the infection started and originated in China back during the end of 2019 on that time most people didn't aware and concern much it would have come this far and serious. Remember I read the news on TV and simply thought it would be just another sickness or disease that will vanish and go away soon just like others such as flu or sars that happened before and finally gone by human skills. However, it wasn't turned out that way. The pandemic getting more serious and spred wider and wider, from China to Thailand, from Thailand to Korea, Korea to Japan, first in Europe is Italy and Spain and finally almost every country in the world. 1,000,000++ sick and died. The situation got even worse when many countries decided to lock down the countries and when the country is locked (closed) people lost their jobs and yes, No Job, No Money, No Food - people getting hungry. The followings are how we survive from it.
Thank you 


I'm one of those losing jobs and money from this pandemic, I remember the sign of losing job started on the early of January when numbers of infected are getting higher everywhere in the world and that time in Thailand found less than a hundred. On top of it, my job needs to cooperate and contact with many group of people so my job is the first job here in Thailand directed by the government to close, and yes, I started losing my job completely on February 2020, with a little saving money left in account that will last for just a month or two paying for rent, food, and other daily supplies.

My saving ran out completely on beginning of March, and what I usually did was to keep my eyes on search everyday where free food and suppliers are distributed – lucky enough that in Thailand and Pattaya area, there are many kind hearted people and organization provided help. The things that we do is to write down on paper and plan how to travel to the distributing spot on time – some spot start distributing early morning, while some others did in the evening time. So, I have has 2 periods of time during the day to run to be on the que and yes I have to make sure I would be there on time and get the coupon registration because if I were late it meant I wouldn’t get the coupon and wasted my time of traveling there.

Concerning waiting time, some places I arrived at 5 am and receive rice or food supplies around 9 am – the morning time seemed to have no problem or difficulty. The most difficult time is during the evening session because I need to be there at least around 2-3 pm when the sunlight is very strong and hot – waiting in the que under the sun until the distributing time around 5pm normally was very hard for me. Some people couldn’t stand to handle the weather, but nobody gave up, many people got fainted. This looked to me like I went to the battle wars in concrete battle field with the sun as the biggest enemy and I’m survived in the end.

Thanks to those kind-hearted people, Thai and foreigners, living and doing business here in Pattaya, without you guys, I would have come this far or survive. Now, business starting get back alive again slowly, and let's hope everything will get back to normal soon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment